British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural and educational relations. The British Council Hungary through the GatewayUK collections provides reference material to answer enquiries and other sources supporting language learners and teachers of English.
- Collection of English language resource material for teachers and learners of English: course books, teacher's books, workbooks, talking books, educational and informative tourist videos and a selection of contemporary British literature that can be borrowed
- Periodicals, as well as publications issued by the Foreign Commonwealth Office
- Take-away tourist information brochures and maps of Great Britain published by Visit Britain (the British Tourist Authority)
- Free Internet access to:
- Online British sources
- A series of CD-ROMs helping individuals learning English language and providSpecialist e-Newsletters edited by the British Council Headquarters
- Reference books about:
- General information on the UK - British social life - politics - economics - arts - science - environment & heritage, etc.
- Studying in the UK - British higher and further education - English language courses - summers jobs & voluntary working possibilities
- Visiting Britain - travel & accommodation - tourists sights, exhibitions, entertainment, etc.
- Events calendar - recent and forthcoming arts and special events organised and sponsored by the British Council - cultural and promotional events joining to the GatewayUK Access Point organised by the county library and the British Council
For detailed information please turn to the librarian on the spot: Somogyi Szilvia
For further information on the activity of the British Council Hungary please visit our web site: www.britishcouncil.hu
We also welcome your comments on our services!
2013. június A Komfortos mennyország az új évezred egyik legnagyobb amerikai irodalmi bestsellere. Hatalmas sikerének titka a megrázó tartalom, a szokatlan elbeszélői mód és a hipnotikus erejű szöveg.